1. The organization shall be The Bay Malton Anglers hereinafter called The Angling Club and is a non-profit making organization.
2. THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB SHALL BE:
(a) To promote and protect the angling interests of its members.
(b) To rent, lease, purchase or otherwise obtain and provide fishing rights which shall be enjoyed equally by all members.
(c) To make all water available to members of the club and others with a view to increasing the facilities available for the proper pursuit of angling for those persons whom the club is intending to benefit.
(d) To help create and support wildlife habitat.
(e) All wildlife must be retained and respected on club water and not removed without authorization.
3. THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE CLUB SHALL COMPRISE OF ORDINARY MEMBERS.
(a) Associate members, e.g. wives, husbands and their children (non-fishing)
(b) honorary members.
(c) Juniors up to the age of 17 years.
Membership fees for 2020
Adult Membership: £80 MEMBERSHIP
JUNIORS AGED 8 TO 17: £20 MEMBERSHIP
JUNIORS TO 7 YEARS OLD: FREE MEMBERSHIP
5. THE COMMITTEE
The management of the club shall be vested in the committee which shall be elected from its ordinary members. (a) The Committee shell consists of not more than 14 elected members (b) the committee shall meet at a date to be convened by the secretary. (c) The attendance of the Chairman and three Committee members shall constitute a quorum (d) the committee shall call on any member of the club to assist in its performance.
6. A COPY OF THE CLUB CONSTITUTION CAN BE OBTAINED FROM THE CLUB SECRETARY.
7. Every member when fishing in club waters shall produce his card of membership if required by the keeper any member or bailiff.
8. All members shall be eligible to fish club waters and compete in contests. (Providing subscriptions are fully paid).
9. Members must not leave baited or unbaited rods and lines in the water unattended. If there is a need to leave the peg all tackle must be removed from the water.
10. No member is entitled to fish any water without a fully paid-up membership book Duly Signed and Complete with a photograph.
11. If the committee is satisfied after due inquiry that any member when out angling has committed any wilful damage to fences, crops etc, leaving gates open, or has acted improperly, disorderly or dishonorably in any manner to the injury or prejudice of the club or its members, they may in their absolute discretion suspend such member from the club. And in the event of expulsion, the member shall forfeit all rights and benefits under the rules of the club.
12. No member shall lend or transfer his/her card of membership to any other person whatever on penalty of expulsion.
13. Any member, when out angling, disturbing any other member shouting, whistling or making use of bad language shall be dealt with by the committee.
14. If any member be detected in act of fraud, or attempted fraud, or found guilty of having caught any fish by unlawful means, or contrary to the rules of the club he shall be eligible to instant expulsion from the club.
15. No member shall use a net in any water, whether rented by the club or not, for the purpose of taking fish of any description therefrom, unless permission of the owner or lessee is first obtained in writing. No member of the club shall be permitted in any water whether public or private, between one hour after sunset and one hour before sunrise except where permitted under the regulations governing the water.
16. No officer or member serving on the committee of another angling club shall be eligible to serve on the committee of this club.
17. All club cards must have a passport size photograph inside them and signed, all bailiffs are instructed to withdraw cards that do not have this.
18. Any member booking onto a match who does not turn up on the day is eligible to pay match and coach fees. All Fees to be Paid in Advance
19. Any member fishing in club waters with litter in his immediate vicinity will be held responsible for it.
20. Fish must not be transferred from one club water to another or to any other water outside to the jurisdiction of the club without the permission of the committee. Any member found guilty of contravention of this rule will be expelled
21. Every member shall be in possession of a current E.A. rod license. This must be produced at the bailiff’s request.
22. Fishing is not allowed beneath or within 30-meter distances either side of overhead electric power cables.
23. Barbless hooks only on all club fisheries.
24. The headwater keeper has the right to close any waters if he or the committee feel that a water needs a rest or for maintenance to be carried out.
25. Members are not permitted to go on to new waters until the official opening date. NO ENTRY TO ANY CLUB WATER WHILST CLOSED
26. All tins cans of any type are banned on our waters.
27. IN RESPECT OF THE SPAWNING SEASON A KEEP-NET BAN WILL EXIST ON ALL CLUB WATERS FROM 1ST MARCH UNTIL 16TH JUNE AND WILL BE IMPLEMENTED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. (EXCEPT ON CLUB RIVERS AND IN CLUB MATCHES).
28. No fish over three pounds to be kept in keep-nets
29. On all still waters, keep-nets have to be emptied every 5 hours.
30. All fish over four ounces have to be landed with a landing net on all club waters.
31. No night fishing on any club waters without the committee’s consent.
32. All juniors under the age of 17 must be accompanied and fully supervised at all times by a senior member or a parent. (Who are bound by club rules).
33. Members must make themselves conversant with all club rules; no excuse will be accepted for any deliberate infringement.
34. Any member accepting a copy of these rules will be expected to abide by them.
35. It is understood that any member accepting a copy of these rules is in agreement with them. Infringement of any club rules may result in expulsion.
36. Only one rod to be used at once on all club waters unless specified.
37. All club keys remain the property of the club.
38. REFUNDS NOT PERMITTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
39. All members must display a club vehicle sticker on their cars/vans when fishing club waters.
40. Following changes in the way, insurance companies manage liability claims our insurers require the club to advise them immediately following incidents involving personal injury. In order to comply with these changes any member who is involved in an incident whilst angling or on any fishery must immediately report the circumstances to the Secretary.